- Can a foreigner (foreign passport holder) who is ICAI qualified come under this scheme if working for Indian company?
→ Yes. As long as they are a member of ICAI and can get a Letter of Good Standing from ICAI.
- If the case study exam is not taken in 2016 is this a problem and how long after doing these scholarship exams can I wait to do the Case study?
→ Although it is not a requirement for students to commit to taking the Case Study in 2016, clearly there are great benefits in taking it while the work and success of passing the two advanced level papers is still fresh. The next exam after November would be November 2016
- What is the pre course reading materials and when will it be issued? Looking at the syllabus it assumes that the participant has already read materials.
→ There is no pre-course material for the first two technical papers, although we will be sending a summary of prior learning which the candidates are expected to read through before coming for the classes.
- If I fall ill and miss a complete session of 3 days how do I can catch up, is Distance Learning (DL) is available?
→ Unfortunately DL is not available, so the participant will need to use the study materials provided. Tutors will be available for questions.
- Letter of Good Standing is from ICAI? Not from my company.
→ Yes. Only ICAI can issue a Letter of Good Standing.
APPLY FOR LETTER OF GOOD STANDING :
For getting the ‘letter of good standing’ you need to send an email to ICAI on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Contact person in the ICAI Institute in Delhi is Ms.SaritaMadan.
The Delhi office phone numbers are:
011 3011 0426
011 3011 0535
011 3989 3989
The members can check their CPE status online on www.cpeicai.org by logging in with their membership number.
- Does the participant get any kind of recognition for doing the course e.g. participation certificate from ICAEW?
→ ICAEW will issue Certificates of Participation to candidates that attend all days of the course and sit both exams.
- How can I make payment?
→ Payment can be made by GBP Cheque, draft or by credit card which must accompany the hard copy application form.
- Whether the ESP will apply to Professional stage (papers prior to advanced level)? What are total standards and ESP cost for the professional stage?
→ No. It does not apply to the Professional Stage. In fact ICAEW does not offer the Professional Stage exams in India.
- My understanding is that ESP will cover the cost of material and examination fees of all three papers?
→ ESP covers all there papers – Corporate Reporting, Strategic Business Management & Advanced Case Study. The total cost is £1650 (includes registration fees, examination fees, CPL Fees etc.)
- Is there any prescribed format and document requirement for applying for scholarship scheme?
→ Yes. You must complete the application Form and submit this, together with proof of eligibility and
payment of the registration fee, to the address on the form.
- After passing of the Advanced Stage two (2) papers and Case Study will any certificate will be issued for qualification?
Is membership to ICAEW and passing of the Professional stage a precondition?
Whether any training needs to be undergone either in India or in U.K. for getting the membership
→ After passing the Advanced Stage exams, including the Advanced Case Study, and completing the online Ethics and Professional ScepticismProgrammeyou will be eligible to apply for Membership of ICAEW. There are no additional requirements.
- Where will the exams be held?
→ Exams will be held by the British Council either at their premises or premises identified by British Council in Delhi & Mumbai. British Council will also be the appointed invigilator.
- If a candidate fails one of the exams in November, until when the exemptions are claimed valid until?
→ Once exemptions have been awarded the student retains them unless there is a major syllabus change when these may be reviewed.
- What are the CPE Credit requirements for members of ICAI?
→ PE HOURS REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BLOCK PERIOD OF 3 YEARS (1-1-2014 TO 31- 12-2016) TO BE COMPLIED WITH BY DIFFERENT CATEGORIES OF MEMBERS
- All the members (aged less than 60 years) who are holding Certificate of Practice (except all those members who are residing abroad) are required to:
- Complete at least 90 CPE credit hours in a rolling period of three-years.
- Complete minimum 20 CPE credit hours of structured learning in each calendar year.
- Out of the 90 CPE Credit Hours as mentioned above, 30 CPE credit hours can be completed either through
- Structured or Unstructured learning (as per Member’s choice).
- All the members (aged less than 60 years) who are not holding Certificate of Practice and all the members who are residing abroad (whether holding Certificate of Practice or not) are required to:
- Complete at least 45 CPE credit hours either structured or unstructured learning (as per Member’s choice)
in rolling period of three-years
- Complete minimum 10 CPE credit hours of either structured or unstructured learning (as per member’s
choice) in each calendar year.
- All the members (aged 60 years & above) who are holding Certificate of Practice, are required to:
- Complete at least an aggregate of 70 CPE credit hours of either Structured or Unstructured Learning (as per member’s choice) in a rolling period of three years
- Complete minimum of 10 CPE credit hours being an aggregate of either Structured or Unstructured
Learning in the first calendar year i.e. 2014.
- Complete minimum of 20 CPE credit hours being an aggregate of either Structured or Unstructured
Learning (as per member’s choice) in the second and third calendar years i.e. 2015 & 2016
- The following class of members are exempted from CPE credit hours requirement:
- All the members (aged 60 years and above) who are not holding Certificate of Practice.
- Judges of Supreme Court, High Court and Tribunal
- Members of Parliament/MLAs/MLCs
- Governors of States
- Centre and State Civil Services
- Entrepreneurs (owners of Business (manufacturing) organizations other than professional services)
- Judicial officers